I’m a professionally-trained feline behaviorist who understands and works with cats’ psychology and personalities. With over 33 years’ experience and thousands of successes, I love my work, and love to continually learn about (and from) these cats. There are few legitimate cat behaviorists with substantial experience in academic, shelter and clinical work, so check the background of any professional you use; anyone can call him/herself an ‘expert’. As a feline specialist, I have that essential background, and a lifelong commitment to the practice of improving the lives of cats and their owners. I took my first ethology (animal behavior) course at university in the mid-seventies, ‘way before there were cat behaviorists, and studied with ‘the granddaddy of us all’. It’s also extremely important to me to uphold the strictest ethical and professional standards.
(No honorable behaviorist would guarantee results; each cat, each case is individual, and client commitment is crucial.) Remember: The stronger the commitment by both professional and client, the better the outcome!
- Panelist, (Feline Behavior Seminar), Catsbury Park Convention, Asbury Park, N. J. (2018)
- Guest speaker, Snowcats Cat Convention, Denver (2018)
- Lectures, Pet Professional Guild Summit, Tampa, Fla.
- Lecture, Biology Dept., University of Cheshire, England
* NEXT: DEC. 9: ‘Snowcats Cat Convention’, Denver.