“With over 40 years’ experience and thousands of successes, I love my work, and love to continually learn about — and from — these cats.“
Jane Ehrlich is a professionally-trained cat behaviorist who understands and works with cats’ psychology and personalities.
It’s extremely important to me to uphold the strictest ethical and professional standards. No honorable behaviorist would guarantee results; each cat, each case is individual, and client commitment is crucial. The stronger the commitment by both professional and client, the better the outcome!
- 18 years as clinical assistant and feline behavior advisor; Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), London.
- Studied/researched under Dr. Michael W. Fox, internationally-known veterinarian, pioneering canine/cat behaviorist and bioethicist.
- Instructor, ‘Cat Behavior and Retention’ online courses, Humane Society of United States
- Feline Behavior Counselor, Arizona Animal Welfare League (AAWL), 2006-2009
- Established Feline Division; first Chairwoman, Pet Professional Guild
- Guest lecturer, Biology Dept., University of Cheshire, England
- Speaking engagements: conventions, colleges (veterinary technology), AZ Humane Societies, veterinary clinics, shelters, rescues.
American Association of Feline Practitioners
International Society of Feline Medicine
- Arizona Animals
- AZ Pet Stylist
- AZcentral/Arizona Republic Newspaper, ‘Ask a Pet Expert’ column 2013-2017 (see posts)
- Cat Expert UK
- “Top 12 Extraordinary Cat Behaviorists” (Cat Pet)
- Chewy.com (now and then)
- Daily Paws
- Fear Free Happy Homes (see posts)
- The Cat and Dog House
- “Things Everyone Gets Wrong about Cats” (Grunge)
- Guide to Arizona Veterinarians & Healthy Pets (Phoenix Magazine)
- IAABC (see posts)
- North Central News
- NY Cat Film Festival screening at Filmbar (Phoenix)–lecture
- Pet Professional Guild (see posts)
- Pets Weekly
- Radio Pet Lady
- MEL online magazine https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/tiktok-cat-laptop-why-do-cats-sit-on-keyboards
- ABC TV 15, Phoenix
- ‘Barking Cat’ Magazine
- Burton Barr Public Library, Phoenix. ”Q & A With a Cat Behaviorist’ (’18)
- CBS, Channel 12, Phoenix; ‘EVB Live!’
- FOX TV, Channel 10, Phoenix; ‘Pet Peeve’
- KEZ (99.9 FM) Radio, 7/29/20
- KTVK TV, Channel 3, Phoenix; “Your Life A-Z”
- KYCR Radio, National; ‘Animalwise’ (3)
- Petcha’ (Catster Magazine – previously Cat Fancy)
- Soundcloud: (https://soundcloud.com/thelexiconblog/mlar-why-do-cats-do-what-they-do)
- Veterinary Practice News ‘Letters’ (Vol. 31 #11; Vol. 32#2)
- TIME Magazine, “Conversations March, 2016
Because of COVID concerns, while I continue to do home visits if you’re vaccinated (as I am), we can have phone consults if you prefer. By video conference, (FaceTime, Skype, Messenger, Zoom), we’ll discuss the problems, and you can show your cat’s behavior live or via video/phone photos.
*FOR A FASTER RESPONSE, PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY (JANE_EHR@ HOTMAIL. COM) INSTEAD OF USING THE FORM. (I don’t always get form submissions!)*